1. _____________ is a single-celled , asexually reproducing fungus. There are more than 500 species of them.
2. ________ is a house made of ice blocks.
3. A high flat land is called a ___________.
4. _____________ are a fruiting bodies produced by some fungi.
5. A _______________ is a tropical storm in the region of Indian or Western Pacific Ocean.
6. A ____________ is a place with scanty water and typically covered with sand.
7. A _____________ is a fungus that contain multiple identical nuclei. It grows in the form of hyphae of filaments.
8. The bottom of the sea is called _________.
9. __________ is a frozen dew.
10. ___________ is a system of wind rotating round the centre of minimum barometric pressure.
B – Unscramble the jumble letters :- [ 6 × 1 = 6 ]
3. ULBE ALEWH
6. ERLKIL SELAHW
C – Answer in one word :- [ 4 × 1 = 4 ]
1. They are distinctive in appearance , with dark , often black stipes and rachises , and bright green , often delicately cut leaf tissue.
2. The plant has two sets of fronds. The green fronds are fertile, resemble stag horns, have spores on their underside and grow up to four feet long. The brown infertile fronds grow outside the green ones and are short , flat and round.
3. These are the most popular of the houseplant varieties, although they also grow wild outdoors in many regions. They have dark green leaves with many deep, evenly spaced indentations in the edges.
4. This variety has three to four inch dark green leaves that resemble those on holly bushes and are heat, light and water tolerant. They are available in three species including Japanese , Hawaiian and East Indian holly ferns.