SHAMROCK PRERNA SCHOOL
Session – 2021-22
Monthly Unit Test – III
Class – IV
Q1. Tick the correct option : (2)
1.______ controls the basic functions of a computer.
- Application software b) Operating System c) Both d) None
2._______ is the process that occurs when we press the power button to turn on the computer.
a) Booting. b) Internet Explorer c) Linux d) Word document
3. MS–DOS was first introduced by Microsoft in :
January 1981 b)March 1981 c) August 1981 d) December 1981
4. Which of the following is a web browser ?
a) Microsoft word b) Internet Explorer c) FreeCell d) All of these
Q2. Write ‘T’ for true and ‘F’ for false statements : (2)
- There are three types of software. [ ]
- While booting, the computer does several things. [ ]
- Microsoft created the Windows Operating system in the mid 1990s. [ ]
- Games are placed on the Windows 8 desktop. [ ]
Q3. Fill in the blanks : (4)
- An ____________ is the most important software that runs on a computer.
- A____________ allows you to write a letter.
- _________guides the hardware and tells it how to accomplish each and every task.
- Operating systems usually come ______ on any computer that you buy.
Q4. Answer the following questions: (any 1) (2)
- Name the various versions of Microsoft Windows with the year of their release.
- What are desktop applications ?