Shamrock Prerna School
Unit Test -1
M. Marks – 10
Q.1- Tick (√ ) the correct answer: (¼ × 4 = 1)
1. A drought is a period when there is no _____ .
2. The people were hungry, so they _____ the Raja to give them rice to eat.
3. When the boy reached home, his mother was ____ with /in the surprises.
( 2) delighted
( 3 ) angry
4. Bholi said , “I do not deserve any reward at all” . This shows that Bholi was –
(1) not intelligent
Q.2)Give one word for the following. (¼×1=1)
Another name for a king ______________.
A person who treats children __________.
A member of a royal court_________.
A worker who build with stones or bricks_______.
Q.3) Write the correct words to complete the following sentences. (¼×1=1)
Daddy is __________because Anil spilled tea on his papers .
I am _________ and I don’t know what to do.
I heard a noise in my room at night .I felt ______.
I am very _____ as we are going to Goa for a holiday.
Q.4) Complete the following sentences using the correct form of the words given in brackets. (¼×4=1)
Always speak the ______.(true)
The wrestler is a man of great _______.(strong)
I respect my friend’s __________.(honest)
The driver’s ________ caused the accident.(careless)
Q.5)- Write word meanings- ( any four ) (½ × 4= 2)
Q.6)- Answer the following questions: ( any 4) (1× 4 = 4)
1. Where did the little boy find his third surprise?
2. What did Bholi demand as a reward?
3. What did the little boy’s mother ask him to do?
4. What was the Raja’s decree?
5. What did the Raja promise Bholi at the end of the story ?