Shamrock Prerna School
Unit Test -2
M. M =20
Q. 1) Write T for true and for False statements. (¼×6=1½)
- With dedication to our duty we can make Bharat beautiful.
- The elephants were shouting for help.
- The atmosphere of the school be friendly.
- The elephants were very hungry. They were looking for food.
- Neha fetched water with her mother from a pond.
- The king of the rats promised to help the elephants when we needed.
Q. 2)Choose the correct alternative. (¼×2=½)
- We should ____ our parents.
- not help
2. Raju and Manjeet were quarrelling over _____.
- bits of paper
Q. 3) Select suitable homophones word to complete the sentences.
- I couldn’t __________what the teacher said. ( here/hear)
- There are two _________ of plants in my garden. ( rows/ rose)
- Ram will __________ (by/buy ) a new cap from the fair.
- _________your name in bold letters. ( right/write)
Q. 4)Answer the following questions. (Any 5) (1×5=5)
- Who helped the elephants?
- Why did the king of rats promise to help the elephants when needed?
- Who says that he cleans his room himself?
- Is Neha a good girl? How?
- Who went to the king of elephants?
- In what atmosphere should we study?
Q.5)Word Meanings. (¼×8=2)
Q,6) Write one word for each of the groups of words given below.
- A seat without a back or arms.
- Lacking good sense or judgement.
- A tall, narrow building.
- A journey or excursion.
- A way to a destination.
- Abduct someone and hold captive.
- A period of time when there is no war.
- A place where people sit to eat meals that are cooked there.
- A model that represent someone.
- A circular path for runner.
Q. 7) Complete the following sentences with was, is, are, were. (½×4=2)
- Once upon a time there ______ a genie.
- Long ago there _____ three frogs
- There _____ a English teacher.
- There _____ many temples in Sikar.
Q. 8) Write the opposites of the following words. (½×6=3)
- Pranayam ______ blood pressure. (increases)
- One day , Ram and Shyam got up _____. ( late)
- Sit ______ on the floor. (noisely)
- Lord Ram got ____ over Ravan. (defeat)
- We did not _____ these bits of papers. (dirty)
- The school is ours. Let us clean it _____ . ( carelessly)
Q.9)Fill in the blanks with and / but/ or. ( ½×5=2½)
- He returns home ______ decides to go to school daily.
- That is a great idea _____ you are so talkative.
- Do you want tea _____ coffee?
- They affect our lungs _______ muscles.
- Generally ‘shall’ is used with I ___ we.