SHAMROCK PRERNA SCHOOL
Session – 2021-22
Monthly Unit Test – III
Class – VI
A – Tick the correct answer :- [ 4 × ½ = 2 ]
1. The total number of longitudes are :-
a. 360 b. 180 c. 90
2. Christmas is celebrated in summer in –
a. Japan b. India c. Australia
3. The frigid zone lies near –
a. the poles b. the Equator c. the tropic of cancer
4. Direct rays of the sun fall on the Equator on –
a. 21 March b. 21 June c. 22 December
B. Fill in the blanks :- [ 6 × 1 = 6 ]
- The Standard Meridian of India is _____________.
- The daily motion of the Earth is _____________.
- The Arctic Circle is located in the _________ hemisphere.
- The leap year has ___________ number of days.
- The 0 Meridian is known as _____________.
- The Earth travels around the sun in ______________ orbit.
C – Short answer type questions :- ( any four ) [ 4 × 1 = 4 ]
Q1. At what speed the Earth travels around the sun on its orbit ?
Q2. What are the three Zones of the Earth ?
Q3. Who was Bhim Rao Ambedkar?
Q4. What is the angle of inclination of the earth’s axis with its orbital plane?
Q5. What is the true shape of the Earth?
Q6. When does discrimination happens?
D – Long answer type questions :- ( any two ) [ 2 × 2½ = 5 ]
Q1. What is circle of illumination ?
Q2. What is a globe?
Q3. Describe Prejudice .
Q4. Define rotation and revolution .
E – Draw a diagram of the globe showing the earth’s axis the Equator , Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn , Arctic Circle and Antarctic Circle. ( 3 )
Draw a diagram of the Revolution of the Earth and Seasons. (3)